We’re delighted to welcome guests back to our holiday park in Swanage. After a long winter and various restrictions, it’s lovely to see families making use of our facilities and enjoying a well-deserved caravan holiday in Dorset.
The Jurassic Coast is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the UK and we’re anticipating a bumper season whilst foreign travel remains uncertain. With increased numbers of people set to visit comes a responsibility to protect our local community and the environment surrounding our park.
We must all be mindful or our actions and play our part in ensuring our natural landscape is well cared for during the busy summer months. We can all work together to protect our world-renowned coastline and picturesque countryside.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind our guests of the Countryside Code. There are a number of simple rules we kindly ask our guests to adhere to when enjoying the scenic walks from our park. These rules also extend to coastal beauty spots around the county, such as Worbarrow Bay, Durdle Door, Studland Bay and Kimmeridge.
Respecting local communities
- Be considerate to other people – including those that work in the countryside. We’re a friendly bunch in Dorset, who love a good chat and to say hello
- Leave gates and property as you find them (i.e., if you find a gate open, leave it open)
- Park in designated spaces. Do not block access to gateways or driveways. Ensure there is room for emergency vehicles
- Keep to public footpaths and avoid straying off the path – even if it’s muddy. Familiarise yourself with common signs and symbols
Protect the local environment
- Always take your litter home. Be prepared and take a bag with you to tidy up
- Keep dogs under close control. Pop them on a lead around livestock and give animals plenty of space. Ensure you pick up and dispose of their poo. If you’re heading to the beach, ensure that it is dog friendly
- Do not damage any plants or disturb wildlife. Do not feed livestock or wild animals
- Disposable barbeques pose a fire risk and danger to wildlife. Avoid forests and dry areas of grass. Only light a BBQ in areas that it is allowed. Be careful with naked flames and cigarettes
Enjoy the great outdoors
- Plan ahead and drive carefully in rural areas
- Check the weather, wind and tides before entering the water. There are plenty of beaches with a lifeguard service in Dorset
We really hope you enjoy your time exploring Dorset during your stay at our caravan and camping park. Dorset is a special place and spending time outdoors is good for the mind, body and soul – especially after spending so much time inside over the past year. Respect, protect and enjoy the local landscape and try new activities such as walking, fishing and watersports. We guarantee you’ll have a wonderful time and make many happy family memories to enjoy for years to come!
Ulwell Holiday Park is a family-owned caravan and camping site set in a scenic location on the outskirts of Swanage. It is surrounded by the Purbeck Hills and within walking distance of a number of beaches, making it the perfect place to relax and unwind.
We have a variety of holiday accommodation to choose from including static caravans for hire, touring and camping pitches and a wooden glamping pod. Our fantastic facilities include an indoor swimming pool, bar and restaurant and outdoor play park.