How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
- When you contact us directly, via our website, on social media, when you apply for one of our services or to make a booking, enquiry or other request
Using your information
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- To help us identify you when you contact us
- For general administration purposes
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering
- To help us recover debts
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you
- To inform you about our services & promotions (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- In relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
- In the process of selling one or more of our businesses or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
- For the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
- If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Informing you about our products and services
We may use your information to contact you with news on our services, or for satisfaction survey purposes. Such contact may be made be through our trusted marketing partners and we retain the right to pass on your information to them solely for use in conduction with Ulwell Park Limited or any of its trading entities.
Ulwell Park Ltd and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and, if you give your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.