Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions and Park Rules for Ulwell Park Ltd, Trading as Ulwell Holiday Park, Swanage.
These terms and conditions are issued in accordance with those laid out by The British Holiday & Home Association Ltd under the guidance of Tozers Solicitors. These are issued without prejudice and in conjunction with the Park Rules which are also attached. We reserve the right to update and amend these terms and conditions.
View our 2022 & 2023 Tariff
1. Please make the reception staff aware of any special or mobility requirements at point of reservation.
2. Well behaved dogs are welcome; please indicate the number of dogs you will be bringing when booking. There is a maximum of two dogs per booking. Additional dogs may be permitted at the park’s discretion.
3. The number of occupying guests (including children under 16) must also be given when booking, along with an accurate measurement of touring vans and mobile homes plus details of awnings, gazebos or any other additional equipment.
4. Should any details of your booking change such as number of occupants, number of cars, size of touring van/mobile home or length of stay you must notify the Park before arrival so that they can confirm availability and suitability of pitch.
5. Please check your booking confirmation carefully to see if it reflects your wishes and requirements. Please let us know of any discrepancies as soon as possible. Please be aware that any amendments after 24 hours of making the booking may be subject to an administration charge
6. Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of a minimum 25% deposit or £30.00, whichever is the largest. Holidays taking place less than 6 weeks after reservation must be paid for in full at time of booking.
7. Payment either in part or full, constitutes your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
8. Group bookings are allowed at the park’s discretion. You must tell us if your booking is connected to any other bookings for example you know the other party or you share a common purpose in visiting the park.
9. The outstanding balance of your booking is due 6 weeks prior to the holiday and must be paid in full at this time. Non-payment of the final balance may result in the Park cancelling your holiday without further notice or refund of any deposit received.
10. May we remind you that your reservation is a legally binding contract, therefore WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE TO COVER YOUR HOLIDAY.
11. You must notify the Park by email to email@example.com or in writing to Ulwell Holiday Park, Swanage, Dorset BH19 3DG should you need to cancel your booking.
11A. If you cancel 42 days or more prior to arrival you will receive a refund of any monies paid minus 20%.
11B. If you cancel less than 42 days prior to your stay no refund will be given.
11C. Should the park need to cancel your booking at any time a full refund will be issued.
11D. Should you cancel a booking within 24 hours of making the booking a full refund will be issued.
12. Refunded monies will be returned in the manner in which they were received. Cheques may take up to 5 days from acceptance of refund to be issued.
13. The park will do it’s upmost to accommodate any amendment to your original booking subject to availability.
14. Any booking amendment initiated by you (after 24 hours of making the booking) is subject to an admin fee of £20 including VAT.
14A. Up to 42 days prior to your stay any increase in price will be paid by you, any decrease will be refunded by the park.
14B. Less than 42 days prior to your stay any increase in price will be paid by you, if there is any decrease in price no refund will be issued.
14C. Any amended booking must take place within 2 calendar months of the original arrival date of the booking. PLEASE NOTE as the Park is closed between 7th January and end of February each year any amended bookings for December and early January need to be taken no later than the end of April in that same year.
14D. Each booking can only be amended once.
In the event that your new requirements cannot be accommodated the amendment will be considered as a cancellation and thus the cancellation policy will apply.
15. You are not entitled to any refund if you or any of your guests do not fulfil your entire holiday unless clause 22 or 23 applies or if we are in serious breach of our obligations in these terms and conditions. If we are in serious breach of our obligations we will refund you for the days of the holiday which have not been taken.
16. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE TO COVER YOUR HOLIDAY.
17. The Park does from time to time offer holidays under special conditions such as late breaks, reduced price or fixed price holidays. All such bookings are NOT subject to the above cancellation or amendment policy EXCEPT where the Park has to cancel or amend the reservation in which case the above clause 11c. is invoked.
18. The Park accepts the following payment methods for reservations:
Bank Transfer to:
HSBC Bank Sort Code 40-43-34 Account No 11633600 Account Name Ulwell Park Ltd.
Please quote your booking reference as payment reference and inform Reception when you make any such payments.
Debit or Credit Cards – Visa and Mastercard only. We do not accept American Express.
Cheques – payable to Ulwell Park Ltd. These will only be accepted for bookings more than 42 days prior to your holiday. Cheque value cannot exceed £500.00
19. The price you pay includes VAT at the prevailing rate.
Changes Caused By Exceptional Circumstances
21. We may make reasonable changes to our services. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws, guidance and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements for example to address a health and safety risk.
22. If we make any changes that means we can only provide your holiday in a radically different way we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing to new booking dates with us or cancelling. We prefer you postpone rather than cancel but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to.
23. If the law prevents us form performing our obligations under these terms and conditions at all for any reason which is not the responsibility of either party we may ask you to postpone but will allow you to cancel if you prefer to do so. For these purposes reasons which are your responsibility include any arising from your personal circumstances. Examples are ill health (unless the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us in consequence for example because you are legally required to self- isolate) or any restrictions arising from your chosen career.
24. If you decide to cancel where clause 22 or clause 23 applies and your holiday has not yet started then we will refund you your booking including any deposit. If your holiday has started then we will refund you for any days unused. We will not charge an administration fee and we will only deduct any costs we have already incurred that we cannot recover elsewhere. We will not be liable to make any other payments to you.
25. Caravans are available from 3.00pm and must be vacated by 10.30am on day of departure.
26. Please notify Reception if you will be arriving after 5.00pm
27. The accommodation must not be occupied by more persons than stated on your booking.
28. Bed linen is included for reservations in our Oak and Hawthorne Range Caravans.
29. Bed linen for Birch and Willow range must be used at all times and can be provided free of charge from 1 March – 31 March (excluding Easter and School Holidays) and from 1 November – 20 December which must be requested by the customer. At other times if you need to hire linen during your stay, a charge of £6.00 per single set or £12 per double set will be charged.
30. Cots, highchairs and bed guards can also be hired at a cost of £8 per cot or high chair, £5 per bed guard. Please note that these items might not be available without ample prior notice of at least 10 days.
31. Dogs are strictly not allowed on the seating or bedding and should not be shut in the caravan for prolonged periods. Please be aware that we cannot attend maintenance or housekeeping issues if unattended dogs are left in caravans.
32. You should find your caravan in a clean and fully functional state. Should you notice any issues upon arrival or during your stay, please report them immediately. You should leave your caravan as you found it in a clean and orderly state in to avoid any excess charges of no less than £60.00 inc VAT.
33. All Holiday Homes are strictly no-smoking therefore smokers must choose a site away from open doors and windows. A charge of £100 may be made for Holiday Homes affected by smoke ingress.
34. We reserve the right to transfer a booking from one unit to another in the same category.
35. The hirer is held responsible for the Holiday Home and its contents during their stay. You must not modify or alter any aspect of the holiday home nor transfer equipment and inventory to other park guests.
36. All damages and losses must be reported as soon as they occur where a charge may be made for replacements and reparations.
Touring and Camping
37. Please report to Reception on arrival, parking well past the entrance to avoid congestion. The Reception is situated beyond the Village Shop and Swimming Pool complex, parking is available immediately afterwards on the left-hand side.
38. Late Arrivals after 9.00pm may enter the pitch area but must refrain from setting up until 9am the following day. All customers must report to reception as soon after arrival as is practicable.
39. Pitches are available from 12.00 noon and must be vacated by 11.00am.
40. Cars may be parked next to your unit. Any extra cars & boats must be notified prior to arrival and are chargeable. It may be necessary to park these on the main car park in front of the site entrance.
41. Touring Caravans are allowed 1 extra item only, i.e. Awning, Gazebos which must remain within the pitch area (including guy ropes) except on pitches TP01-TP21 (see below).
42. Any guests staying in the wrong location may be required to move.
43. We reserve the right to move your booking to an alternative pitch if required. The maximum number of occupants per pitch is 6 (except on our hike tent pitches – see clause 48).
TP01 – TP21
44. No Tents, Trailer Tents or Gazebos are allowed. If any of these are found on the pitches we will ask for them to be taken down.
45. Tents are generally not allowed extra items unless the tent is small enough as to avoid overcrowding and the risk of fire.
46. Hike Tents: These should measure a max 2.50 x 2.50m and accommodate a max of 2 people.
PARK RULES FOR ALL VISITORS
47. These rules form part of our terms and conditions and may be subject to change (clause 82).
48. Barbecues are permitted and must be kept away from banks, hedges and flammable materials such as tents, gazebos and awnings. Do not leave barbecues unattended and protect the grass, do not dispose of hot ashes/disposable barbecues in the bins provided until cold. Barbecues are strictly forbidden in the Recreation Area. Disposable barbecues must not be used on the decking for the Static Holiday Homes.
49. Misuse of or tampering with any medical or fire safety equipment on the Park may result in immediate eviction.
50. You must ensure that all occupants of your Caravan are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the contents of the Fire Notices displayed at each point. (Marked on the Park Map).
51. You must not store fuels or combustible materials other than LPG containers on the park.
52. Well behaved dogs are allowed and must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the Park. Only assistance dogs are permitted in the shop, swimming pool or restaurant area of the Village Inn. No fouling on the Park is allowed, please use animal hygiene bags and deposit in the bins provided. The Park reserves the right to ask owners of noisy or aggressive dogs to remove them. No cats or other pets allowed in Holiday Homes which are used for rental.
53. Individuals or groups causing offence or nuisance of any kind will not be tolerated and may be asked to leave without recourse. Therefore, please refrain from shouting and/or using bad language in public areas and keep noise producers (music systems, tablets, televisions etc) at an acceptable level both during the day and particularly between the night hours of 11.00pm and 7.00am.
54. Ball games may only be played in the Recreation Area, no hard balls allowed. Please do not allow your children to use this area after dark. No golf practise is allowed.
55. Swimming Pool Passes for the number of occupants specified on the booking are issued on arrival, children under the age of 11 and/or non-competent swimmers must be accompanied by a responsible adult whilst using the pool and its facilities. A Charge of £2.50 will be charged per re-issued Pool Pass. Pool passes are non-transferrable. Guests must book their swim session in reception at least 12 hours prior to visit, bookings are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
56. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully within a safe speed limit no more than 20mph. You must hold a full, valid driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also insure all vehicles you use on the park as for use on a public road.
You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the park and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the park.
Quad bikes, trail bikes and powered scooters are not permitted on the park.
57. You must not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, babies’ nappies, sanitary towels, wipes of any description body or cleaning, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease or paint.
58. You must not deposit refuse outside your Caravan, you should use the refuse bins provided. Recycling points are available on the park and you should use these facilities as appropriate.
59. Group bookings taken at the Park’s discretion are under its guidance. Groups must adhere to Safety Regulations by not joining pitches or setting up ‘camps’. Occupancy numbers for Holiday Homes must be strictly adhered to overnight. We also ask that they respect other people using the Park, with regard to noise etc.
60. You should obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
61. Due to its geographical location the Park has a steep gradient in places. Considerate cyclists are welcome but scooters, skateboards and rollerblades are not to be ridden unless in the recreational area or accompanied by an adult. All un-motorized, wheeled activities are undertaken at your own risk.
62. You must not park so as to obstruct access for other drivers or visitors to the Park. Parking on the grass areas directly surrounding the caravan is permitted when weather conditions allow. Parking areas are clearly marked and should not be obscured.
63. You may be asked to park extra vehicles in the car park by reception during busy times.
64. You must not use fire hoses for any improper purpose such as washing cars or boats.
65. You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar. The use of Drones is not permitted in accordance with the Drone Code issued by the Civil Aviation Authority. Drones are not permitted to be used anywhere on the Park or within 50 metres of people, vehicles or buildings.
Deliveries onto the Park
66. In line with our Health & Safety commitments we are unable to allow unauthorised third-party deliveries to the Park. Should you require the delivery of larger items, please contact reception who will make arrangements for a member of Park staff to take delivery on your behalf and subsequently deliver to your caravan. (Ulwell Park Ltd reserves the right to charge for this service). 3rd party food deliveries can be made to the lay-by on Ulwell Road opposite the Park.
67. The Park cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or accident to any persons or private property whilst staying on the site when caused by a 3rd party.
68. You must notify reception during your stay if you have any issues or concerns so that efforts can be made to meet your requirements and/or solve problems. Recompense will not be considered after the holiday period.
Our Promises to You
69. We will allow you to stay with us for the duration of your booking and recreational purposes, provided you comply with your obligations in these terms and conditions except where exceptional circumstances prevent us from doing so.
70. We will provide, maintain and keep in good state of repair the services except where these have to be interrupted temporarily for the purpose of repair or development or for other reasons caused by exceptional circumstances outside of our control.
71. We will insure the park against usual third-party risks to a minimum of £5,000,000 per claim.
Your Promises to Us
You agree that you will:
72. Keep to these terms and conditions and park rules. If you or any of your family members, visitors or guests whom you have invited to the Park break the rules and/or behaviour standards laid out in this document then we may terminate your booking with immediate effect and without recourse.
73. Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
74. Pay promptly for your holiday and other charges due to us.
75. Not commit any acts of vandalism or cause any wilful damage or nuisance during your holiday.
76. Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the site license which is always available on the park in a conspicuous place. For example the conditions of the site license which may effect you include those requiring the space between caravans and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
77. Not to make any alternations to any accommodation or pitch.
78. Permit us to move you to another location on the park if necessary. We will ensure that any alterative location will be of similar quality and be responsible for all reasonable costs incurred.
79. Supervise children at all times so they are to a nuisance or a danger to themselves or other people using the park. Children under 12 must be supervised in the swimming pool by an adult at all times with a ratio of one adult to every two children under 12.
80. Not permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the violet and sex offender register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any order, register or notice succeeding these) to use the park.
81. Not keep or carry any firearm or other weapon on the Park.
82. Not keep or use any unlawful drugs on the Park.
83. Carry on any trade or business at the Park.
84. If you are staying in one of our Holiday Homes we may use the key for any purpose authorized by you, for example if you ask us to give access to an authorized visitor, or to maintenance staff, housekeeping staff or a contractor (for an example an electrician, plumber or gas engineer). We may require you to confirm your authority in writing. We may also use the key in an emergency such as an immediate concern for the health and safety of any person, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check and secure the accommodation if it appears to be insecure. We will make every effort to contact you using the contact information on your booking.
Changing the Park Rules
85. It may be necessary or desirable to change the park rules from time to time including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the park, environmental issues, local authority requirements and/or changes in law or regulations or in the interpretation of law and regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing using your contact details at the address on your booking.
86. Any changes made to the Park Rules after we accept your booking may affect you because you will be required to comply with the changed Park Rules, but will not affect anything else to which you are entitled under these booking terms and conditions.
Our Complaints Policy
*If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive from us, please contact Mr S Norman, Reception Supervisor who will try to resolve your issues. Your statutory rights are not affected.
THE PARK IS OPEN FROM MARCH 1st – JANUARY 7th.
*The Village Inn and Pool are open all year, except Christmas Day – opening times subject to seasonal alterations.
The Shop is open from Easter to 31st October – opening times are subject to seasonal alterations. The Shop is operated by an independent 3rd party and any concerns or issues should be addressed directly with them.